- We are a small family run business which was originally started by Nick and Ann
- We established ourselves at Little Barn in rural Staffordshire in 2003
- SpeedwellStar was launched onto the net in 2005
- On average better than 99% of your orders arrive next day
- Our new and improved website launched in March 2011
- SpeedwellStar is now run by an efficient and compact team of five
Meet the Team
Nick - MD, CEO, President & Boss of everything .... or so he thinks...
Our MD has been importing goods of all shapes and sizes since the 70's. With his experience and contacts we are well placed to source the best prices and an eclectic range of items. He travels to all sorts of hot climes to do this and claims it's hard work
Nick has always been interested in up and coming technology and is the reason we were able to get on the net whilst it was still a relatively new idea. He also has an abiding passion for food, books, wine, music, cars and travel
Ann - Office Manager (and Boss of Nick)
Ann has been involved with SpeedwellStar since it's conception, her love of puzzles means she is the perfect person to sort out and track down those odd orders that go a bit wonky!
Ann has a collection of cats, two grand daughters, and 2 grandsons to keep her busy when she is not slaving away at the office
Vern - Logistics
Vern joined us in 2010 and splits his time between the office and the converted barns containing our stock.
Vern has many passions in life including his dog Lola, music, food, beer, and tinkering with computers
Emma & Anna - Administration
Emma & Anna both started in 2017 and are based in the office on a job share, if you get in touch with us it's more than likely you'll be speaking to one of these two so be kind :)
Laura - Marketing
Laura arrived in 2011 and is responsible for most of the mistakes you might find on the website! We don't know what else she does around the place but she is good at looking busy and makes a mean coffee
With two little girls of 6 and 7, life is busy but she still finds time to go walking, read the odd book, and cook delicious treats for her family
Lola - Sniffing & Barking
Lola is a cute little Spaniel who can't bear to be left alone and will go to any lengths to get some attention and a bit of fuss. As the office dog she takes the responsibility for sniffing any visitors and wagging her tail and bum furiously, if you can hear barking in the background when you phone up you can be sure that it's Lola
- Use our extensive knowledge of sourcing to bring you, useful, novel, practical, and entertaining products at fantastic prices
- Despatch your orders immediately
- Orders are collected each weekday at about 1pm Monday-Friday, and almost always, you will have your purchase in your hands the next working day
- Reply to your enquiries promptly
- Have happy customers who keep coming back!
We are here...
Monday-Friday, 10.00 -16.00 to answer your phone calls or sort out your collections
If you have an issue with our site, service or products, tell us about it, good and bad
What you have to say is our most valuable resource for improving what we do
I hope that you enjoy our new online store and even if you don't find anything to purchase today I hope it brings a smile to your face, and brings you back again
We recycle all our office waste. As for packaging, we keep everything that comes in and reuse it to re-package everything going out. No waste. No problem